- Daily practice and listening to the recordings fosters natural progress and is necessary for learning.
- A parent or guardian needs to be present in all lessons of students 10 years old or younger with either video/audio recording OR a notebook
- Students in books 1-3 are required to attend at least 10 of the school year’s 18 group classes (or prorated depending on arrival into the program) in order to secure a spot in the program. If a student doesn’t meet the group class requirements, their spot in the school may be given to a student from the waitlist.
CANCELLATION AND RESCHEDULE POLICIES:
- 48 hours notice is necessary to cancel a lesson (7 days a week). Family emergency or illness that causes a student to miss school are acceptable reasons for cancellations. Scheduling errors, not being prepared for lessons or forgetting lesson times are not excuses and the canceled lesson will be counted as a lesson. Lessons that are canceled within 48 hours can be made up based on the teacher’s availability. All makeup lessons are at the discretion of the teacher.
- No lesson credits roll over from the school year into the following school year.
- If a student cancels as many as 4 times in a semester, the teacher may open the students lesson time and/or studio spot to another student.
- When signing up for a lesson, a time slot is reserved. Lesson times end on time in order to not inconvenience other student’s lessons and the teacher’s schedule.
- Lesson times are reserved for the semester. If a student decides to discontinue lessons, they will be billed for the remainder of the semester.
- Please do not come to a lesson if you are sick.
- Tuition includes 29 lessons, 18 group classes, performance classes, group class performances, and solo recitals. Students that begin after the beginning of the school year will have prorated lesson totals.
- STEP Birmingham is a full tuition school. All students are enrolled in group classes and lessons as part of their tuition.