Suzuki Talent Education Program of Birmingham Cello Instructor Job Description
Job Summary: STEP Birmingham invites applicants for the position of Cello Instructor. Reporting to the STEP Director, the Cello Instructor will teach a studio of private cello students as well as lead STEP group classes.
- Teach a minimum of 33 cello lessons per student and 18 group classes each year
- Communicate with the Director in regards to studio openings
- Respond to e-mails from the Director in a timely manner
- Keep an active membership with the Suzuki Association of the Americas
- Attend faculty meetings
- Attend student and group performances
- Bachelor’s degree in music
- Suzuki training in at least Books 1 – 4
Terms of Employment: The Cello Instructor will begin in August 2018. This person will be inheriting a studio consisting of students in Books 1 – 8 (subject to change). STEP Birmingham estimates the Cello Instructor will begin with 15 hours of teaching not including group classes. The Cello Instructor will have the opportunity to increase his/her teaching hours, if so desired, based on STEP enrollment.
How to Apply: Screening of applications will begin February 1st, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. A complete application consists of a letter addressing the qualifications cited above and a completed Application for Employment.
Contact: Troy Bast, Director STEP Birmingham
1101 18th Street South Birmingham, AL 35205
Phone: (205) 440-3611
E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.stepbirmingham.com